Coming soon to a Canvas course near you…. The Scheduler!
The Scheduler tool allows instructors to create appointment groups (collection of individual appointments) in the Calendar that students can easily sign-up for. The Scheduler tool may be used by the instructor to create appointment times for office hours or student presentations.
- Log into Canvas.
- Select Calendar from the top menu bar.
- Select the Scheduler option at the top of the page.
- Click the Create an appointment group button.
- Enter the name and location of the appointments
- Select the course for which the appointments are available from the drop down menu.
- Add details to give your students information about how to prepare for their appointments.
- Select the date and time range for the appointments.
- Choose how long you want each appointment slot to be. Canvas will split your time range into appointment slots.
- Choose whether students should sign up as groups.
- Click the Save and Publish button when you’re finished.
For more information check out the Canvas Instructor Guide.