One of the most common accommodations that students with disabilities need is extended time on quizzes and exams. Providing this accommodation in Canvas is relatively simple and does not require you to alter the testing time for all students.
Follow this process to implement this accommodation in your course:
1. Click “Quizzes” on the left course menu
2. Click on the name of the exam/quiz you want to update for this student
3. Click “Moderate This Quiz” on the right side of the screen
4. Click the checkbox next to the student’s name on the list that appears
5. A button will appear that says “Change Extensions for 1 selected students”, click that (it may appear at the bottom of your list of students)
For example, if your exam is timed for 90 minutes, and the student’s accommodation allows for double time, you would type “90” in that box.
7. Click Save
Repeat this process for all timed exams and quizzes within the course.