We are often asked whether distance-learning courses are more prone to cheating then face-to-face courses. The answer is no… online just opens the door at a different set of challenges that require additional steps to help prevent cheating.
Promoting Academic Integrity in Online Education was developed to help you understand the latest tools and techniques for mitigating cheating and other unethical behaviors in your online courses. The 20-page report features nine articles from Distance Education Report, including:
- Combating Online Dishonesty with Communities of Integrity
- 91 Ways to Maintain Academic Integrity in Online Courses
- The New News about Cheating for Distance Educators
- A Problem of Core Values: Academic Integrity in Distance Learning
- Practical Tips for Preventing Cheating on Online Exams
Online education didn’t invent cheating, but it does present unique challenges.